Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"Braai" at this week's Bible Study

Besides my being a member of Stellenbosch United (Presbyterian/Congregational) Church, I belong to an Ecumenical Bible Group led by my friend Ulli and his wife Heide. It is ecumenical in the sense that we are members from more than one denomination, although the greater number comes from the Baptist Church. In addition to its being ecumenical, it is also international. There are members from South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Ethiopia, Germany, Tanzania, Gabon, etc. We meet every Wednesday evening from 7.00 p.m.

This week's meeting is special by way of it being "an end of the year cook-out" or what South Africans call 'Braai'. The venue will be Ulli and Heide's place. There will be lots of meat, sausages and cold drinks. Main contributors will be Ulli and Heide, Maggie and Yurrie. The rest of us will bring snacks and drinks. We are inviting others to be there with us on this special day. For me, I will take my wife Agness. May God bless you all our friends.

Rev. &Mrs. Thipa, Stellenbosch University, RSA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home